SSD & SSI Lawyer in Southeastern North Carolina
Supporting your struggle with the Social Security Administration
If you are unable to work due to disability, you need a skilled attorney who cares about your frustration and knows how to help you receive benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA). The SSA application process is challenging and claims denials are common. Get help with all phases of your claim when you work with me, North Carolina disability lawyer Monica R. Savidge.
You may qualify for Social Security Disability insurance benefits if you have:
- A history of work where SSD tax was taken out of your paycheck
- A disabling medical condition that meets Social Security's definition of disability
If your application is denied, do not give up. The majority of SSD claims are initially rejected. You can challenge your claim denial, and I can help you succeed.
If you are disabled but do not have a history of paying SSD tax through work, you may be able to receive benefits through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. SSI benefits are available to disabled people with little or no income. I can help you determine whether you meet the SSA’s income requirements and disability definitions for Supplemental Security Income eligibility.
What to do when your SSD or SSI claim is denied
An experienced and understanding disability lawyer can help you handle the frustration when your claim for benefits is denied. I represent your interests and guide you through all stages of the process:
- Request for reconsideration — We provide additional evidence in support of your claim, and a new examiner reviews your application.
- Administrative hearing — An administrative law judge hears your case. Many claims are successfully resolved at this stage.
- Appeal — Your case may continue up to the SSA Appeals Council.
- Federal lawsuit — Our final option is a lawsuit in federal court.
I am committed to helping you get disability benefits and will do whatever it takes to see you through to claim approval.
Get the government disability benefits you deserve
I focus on your immediate concerns — finding you proper medical services and getting your claim approved. The SSD and SSI processes can be long, but I make sure you understand what is happening with your claim at all times. Call me, attorney Monica R. Savidge, at 910-795-4433 to set up a free consultation. You may also contact me online.